Morden Hall Park: View of the stable block

Morden Hall Park: View of the stable block

Buy a copy

For prints:
Contact Merton Heritage Service. Tel.020 8545 3239 Email:

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1952
Area Morden
Copyright 1 B. Fletcher
Picture Reference MerMor_​Houses_​Buildings_​Morden_​Hall_​19-8
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The stable clock tower and outbuildings are clearly visible.

Morden Hall dates from c.1791 and was
home to the Garth family, lords of the manor of Morden from 1554 to 1872.

During the latter half of the nineteeth century the estate passed into the ownership of the Hatfeild family. They had made their fortune through the manufacture of snuff, including
a long term lease on the adjacent Morden Snuff Mill.

The Morden Hall Estate was bequeathed to the National Trust by the last private owner, Gilliat Edward Hatfeild in 1941.

Related items


* Required field