Crown Road: The Crown, Morden

Crown Road: The Crown, Morden

Buy a print

Area Morden
Picture Reference MerMor_​4_​4-5
Original Format Photo
Notes / History This complex historically at first build in 1932 in mock Tudor style served as a tavern. During the interwar period was transformed into complex of restaurants, bars and function rooms (Kings Hall) and off license shop, but demolished in 1960/1, following the construction of Crown House (now Merton Civic Centre). A new bar Crown Inn (back view in this picture) managed by the Courage brewery was constructed and opened in 1961 to the side of the Crown tower block by the property development firm, Bernard Sunley & Sons.

Related items

Comments

* Required field