Wimbledon Theatre, Broadway, Wimbledon

Wimbledon Theatre, Broadway, Wimbledon

Buy a print

Area Wimbledon
Picture Reference Wim_​3_​1-52
Original Format Postcard
Notes / History The last in a line of suburban theatres run by producer John Mullholland, the building opened on Boxing Day 1910, with the pantomime “Jack and Jill”.
Finely decorated in Georgian and Italian Renaissance style, the theatre once had its own electricity generating plant and the large auditorium attracted patrons from a wide area. There was even a stylish Turkish Bath in the basement area.

Related items

Comments

* Required field