Church House, Merton Park

Church House, Merton Park

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1898
Area Merton Park
Copyright 1 Mr Quartermain
Picture Reference MerMor_​Houses_​Buildings_​A_​C_​6-4
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The house was built on the site of a Tudor mansion and between 1820 and 1845 the property was used as a workhouse, and later as a school.

Part of the house was demolished in 1911 and the remainder in 1923. The wall which enclosed the house still survives and dates from the 16th and 17th centuries.

The wrought iron gates can now be found outside No.10 Church Path.

Related items


* Required field