Church House: North wall built during the late 16th Century
Buy a copy
|Date Photo Taken||27th February 1952|
|Notes / History||This is part of the historic perimiter wall surrounding Church House, Church Lane, Merton.
The house was built on the site of a Tudor mansion and between 1820 and 1845 the property was used as a workhouse, and later as a school.
Part of the house was demolished in 1911 and the remainder in 1923. The wall which enclosed the house still survives and dates from the 16th and 17th centuries. The entrance to the house used to be in the wall.