Cranmers, Mitcham: External view of house

Cranmers, Mitcham: External view of house

Buy a print

Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Buildings_​5-38
Original Format Photo
Notes / History 'Cranmers', also known as the 'Rectory' or 'Mitcham Villa' was set back from Carshalton Road. Cranmers, named after the family of that name, descended from Robert Cranmer, an East India merchant, who purchased the estate in 1656. The house, together with a timber-framed weatherboarded tithe barn, was pulled down in 1928 to make way for a much needed local hospital, named the Wilson Hospital.

Related items

Comments

* Required field