Mitcham Library, London Road, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Notes / History||Mitcham Library was opened in May 1933 by Mrs J Owen, wife of Joseph Owen who donated the land and provided half the cost of the building.
The lending library opened with nine thousand books, and the children’s corner had one thousand books. The reference library contained comparatively few volumes due to costs.