Mitcham Public Library, London Road, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1934|
|Notes / History||Mitcham Library built in 1933 . Joseph Owen donated the land and provided half the cost of the building. Joseph was a former chairman of the Urban Council and managing director of the Tamworth Park Construction company.
The lending library opened with nine thousand books, and the children’s corner had one thousand books. The reference library contained comparatively few volumes due to costs.