Mitcham Public Library
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1934|
|Notes / History||Mitcham Library opened in May 1933 by Mrs J Owen, wife of Joseph Owen who donated the land and provided half the cost of the building.
Joseph Owen was a former chairman of the Urban Council and managing director of the Tamworth Park Construction company.
The lending library opened with nine thousand books, and the children’s corner had one thousand books. The reference library contained comparatively few volumes due to costs.