|Notes / History
||Earliest references to this small group of four or five cottages, known as the Blue House Cottages, date back to the late 18th century. This image shows one of the last remaining cottages, two of which were finally pulled down in the 1960's when they became unfit for habitation. Situated within the Manor of Ravensbury the cottages were built of timber and tiles. Located by the cottages was the old timber-framed and boarded public house, known as the 'Ravensbury Arms', and previously known as the 'Blue House' as well as the 'Conqueror'. Records show that Richard Bradford acquired the tenancy of The Ravensbury Arms circa 1880 and that the Blue Cottages were included in the purchase. The Ravensbury Arms was pulled down in 1906 and the present public house built. The site of the cottages then became part of the gardens to the public house.