Bull Inn, Church Road
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1860|
|Notes / History||The Bull Inn was originally known as the “Black Bull. " The inn dates from the 18th century and was once described as a “genteel and good accustomed public house kept by Mr. Sanders."
It was initially leased by a local farmer. In 1832 it was leased to Young & Bainbridge. After this partnership was dissolved it was purchased by Young & Co in 1899.
During the 1920s, the pub offered a varied entertainment programme, including early showings of talking films, such as the “Jazz Singer” with Al Jolson. It has since closed down.