Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1880
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Pubs_​7-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The Cricketers pub originally went by 'The White Swan,' but the name was changed by 1823; appropriately enough, the pub served as headquarters for the Mitcham Cricket Club.

The building shown here was destroyed by a bomb during WWII so customers used a wooden hut until a new pub could be built. In 1958 it was re-opened by the Bedser twins who carried the cricketing theme through the decor.

The pub has since closed.

Related items


* Required field