King's Head

King's Head

Buy a copy

For prints:
Contact Merton Heritage Service. Tel.020 8545 3239 Email:

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1897
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Pubs_​14-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The King's Head, later known as the 'Burn Bullock' has been around since at least the 17th century, possibly even the 16th century, when it served as a coaching inn. It was also a favoured meeting place during the Napoleonic Wars, and was briefly frequented by both George IV and the future Edward VII. The name was changed to 'Burn Bullock' in 1975 to honour a late cricketeer who played for Mitcham. However, the pub has since shut down.

Related items


* Required field