Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1959
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 G W Rowbotham
Picture Reference Mit_​Pubs_​7-4
Original Format Photo
Notes / History This picture shows the Cricketers pub, shortly after its re-opening in 1958, with the Town Hall in the background. The pub was originally called 'The White Swan,' but the name was changed by 1823. For years it served as headquarters for the Mitcham Cricket Club.

The original building was destroyed by a bomb in WWII so customers used a wooden hut until a new pub was built. The new building, which had a cricketing theme throughout, was re-opened by the Bedser twins in 1958.

It has since closed.

Related items


* Required field