Buy a copy

For prints:
Contact Merton Heritage Service. Tel.020 8545 3239 Email:

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1868
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 F P Olney
Picture Reference Mit_​Pubs_​7-6
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The Cricketers pub was originally called 'The White Swan' but the name was changed by 1823; appropriately enough, it served as headquarters for the Mitcham Cricket Club for many years.

The pub shown here was leased by Young and Bainbridge in 1831 and bought by Young & Co. in 1881 after the earlier partnership was dissolved.

The original building was destroyed by a bomb during WWII. It was re-opened in 1958 but has since closed.

Related items


* Required field