Ravensbury Mill. Morden Road, Morden
Buy a print
|Notes / History||A mill has stood on this site since the 1680s. The mill had a number of owners including the Rutter’s family and George Bidder who used it for the production of snuff. For a period 1868-1884 it was used as a flock mill. Whitely Products Ltd, manufacturers of sports goods, took over in 1925 and vacated the site in 1980. Empty for 14 years it was damaged by vandals and fire.
This photograph shows the rear of the mill and the doors in front of the two waterwheels that are still there.