Rats Castle

Rats Castle

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c. 1900
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 Wandle Industrial Museum
Stakeholder Image WIM
Picture Reference WIMP32
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Old weather boarded house, located on the junction of Christchurch Road, and what was part of Phipps Bridge Road (now Liberty Avenue).

Originally used by J. Meadows for textile bleaching, it became a confectionery shop (according to Tom Francis' memory). It was named Rats Castle because of its derelict state and was demolished in 1961.

Related items

Comments

* Required field