Sibford, London Road
Buy a print
|Notes / History||Sibford House, situated on the northern side of Mitcham Cricket Green, at the corner of
London Road & Lower Green West, is an Edwardian House which was built by and lived in
by the Shelswell family. Several family members practised as general medical practitioners
from a doctors' surgery annexed to the house.
In 1958 the house was converted into 12 flatlets for the elderly and run by the Merton Old Peoples Housing Association for some 30 years.