Broadwater House, KIngston Road
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1902|
|Notes / History||From a watercolour in possession of the Coombes family, last owners of the house.
The eighteenth century property is thought to have been associated with John Hilbert, who purchased the manor of Merton in 1801. His holdings included Bakers Farm, near Bushey Road and this remained in the Hilbert family till the late 1870s, when it was purchased by the Whatley family. They leased the farm to William (son of Edward Rayne).