Cannizaro House, Wimbledon
Sorry this item cannot be purchased.
|Copyright 1||Francis Frith Ltd. This image cannot be purchased from this site.|
|Notes / History||Originally known as Warren House, this fine property was built during the reign of Queen Anne. The current name derives from Francis Platamone, Duke of Cannizzaro, a noble but penniless Sicilian, who leased the property following his marriage to a Scottish heiress. (1814) The house was finely decorated with marble fireplaces by Robert Adam and frescos by the Georgian artist, Angelica Kauffmann, who supplied artwork for wealthy members of the British Society.|