Kingston Road, The White Hart, Merton Park
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1825|
|Copyright 1||G Yates|
|Notes / History||The drawing depicts the pub in 1825. In addition to its role as a hostelry, this timbered building also hosted meetings of the local Justices of the Peace. It was also used for property auctions, including the sale of Merton Place, the former home of Admiral Lord Nelson.
The inn was badly damaged by bombing during the Second World War and much of the upper floor was destroyed. The current pub was created as part of post-war reconstruction work.