The Nags Head, Morden Road.

The Nags Head, Morden Road.

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1957
Area Merton
Copyright 1 From W.A. Cook
Picture Reference MerMor_​Pubs_​7-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Established in the 1840s the pub may have been constructed using some of the materials from ‘Nelson’s Fields’.
It was rebuilt in 1937 and lasted for another 60 years. The building was demolished in 2001 to make way for flats.

The pub was the venue for the annual village fair which was originally held at the White Hart in Kingston Road.
It moved here in 1855 when the railway arrived at Merton Park and reduced the space available.

Related items

Comments

* Required field