Ravensbury Arms and the Blue House in the snow

Ravensbury Arms and the Blue House in the snow

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1898
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 London Borough of Merton
Picture Reference Mit_​TomFrancis_​Ln143a
Original Format Photo
Photographer / Origin of Photo Tom Francis
Notes / History The pub took its name from the manor of Ravensbury and was also known as the Blue House. The road show here was popular venue for trotting and pony races – rides travelled roughly one mile between the Ravensbury Arms (Blue House) and the Gardeners’ Arms (also known as the Red House). The old pub shown here was demolished and replaced by the current structure in 1906. Sadly the Ravensbury Arms is one of many Mitcham pubs to have closed during the recent years.

Related items

Comments

* Required field