Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1868|
|Copyright 1||F P Olney|
|Notes / History||The Cricketers pub was originally called 'The White Swan' but the name was changed by 1823; appropriately enough, it served as headquarters for the Mitcham Cricket Club for many years.
The pub shown here was leased by Young and Bainbridge in 1831 and bought by Young & Co. in 1881 after the earlier partnership was dissolved.
The original building was destroyed by a bomb during WWII. It was re-opened in 1958 but has since closed.