Buck's Head, London Road, No.223
Buy a print
|Date Photo Taken||19th August 1989|
|Copyright 1||Charles Wild|
|Notes / History||The Buck's Head had a history going back to the 17th century, when it acquired its name courtesy of the Smythe family crest, as they owned the land it was on. It was mentioned in the Parish Records of 1776, and hosted meetings during the Napoleonic Wars.
The current building dates back to the early 20th century, and is still standing, but has since been bought by Wetherspoon's and renamed the White Lion of Mortimer.