Rutlish School, Merton Park
Buy a print
|Notes / History||Rutlish School was created at the instigation of John Innes and funded by the accumulated charity funds bequeathed by William Rutlish, Court Embroider to Charles II. The original school was built in Kingston Road, close to the White Hart pub, in 1895 at a cost of £6,500. The school moved to grounds formerly occupied by the John Innes Institution in 1953
The original school building, shown here, was demolished in the 1970s.
John Major, Prime Minister ( 1990-1997) attended Rutlish from 1954-59.