Wimbledon County School for Girls: Outdoor Exercises
Buy a print
|Notes / History||This picture shows the pupils of the Wimbledon County School for Girls engaging in a display of outdoor exercise.
The school was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the Wimbledon County School did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive education, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School.