Wimbledon County School for Girls: Geography Classroom
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1927|
|Notes / History||Although the school had moved into its permanent building in 1924, a few of the rooms hadn't yet been completed. One of them was the Geography Room, which was finished in 1927, along with an Art Room, three laboratories, and a library.
The Wimbledon County School for Girls was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the school did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive education, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School