Wimbledon County School for Girls: Miss Wade and Prefects
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||July 1942|
|Notes / History||Miss Wade took over as headmistress from Miss Borthwick in 1940, and saw the school through the war and the years of rationing that followed.
The Wimbledon County School for Girls was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the school did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive education, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School