Wimbledon County School for Girls
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1937|
|Notes / History||This photograph shows some of the young pupils at the Wimbledon County School for Girls.
The school was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the Wimbledon County School did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive educational system, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School.