Wimbledon County School for Girls: Outdoor Exercises
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c 1954|
|Notes / History||In 1954, students at the Wimbledon County School for Girls put on a demonstration of gymnastics and dancing as a way of thanking their parents and members of the community for contributing to the school's Swimming Bath Fund, a ten year fundraising project.
The school was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the Wimbledon County School did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive educational system, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School.