Mitcham visitors to Hengelo
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||June 1955|
|Notes / History||This photograph is of a new square named Mitchamplein in Hengelo, Holland, which was renamed to honour Mitcham's link to the town.
The square, in front of the
Hengelo Reformed Church, was formerly named Bankerplein.
The change of name marked the 10th anniversay of the liberation of the town, and the gratitude to the nations who contributed to the liberation of Holland after the Second World War.
In 1958, a new road named
Hengelo Gardens was opened on the Ravensbury Estate in Mitcham.