Gladstone Road Mission
Buy a print
|Date Photo Taken||21st January 1939|
|Copyright 1||Mitcham News|
|Notes / History||The opening of the Gladstone hall by the Mayor and Mayoress, Alderman & Mrs. E.J.D Field with young cadets.
The new hall and clubroom for the Gladstone Mission was built at a cost of £2,500 and adjoined the old hall. The Mission, under the direction of the Shaftesbury Society, was formed to benefit people 'spiritually, morally and physically'.