Ravensbury Park

Ravensbury Park

Buy a copy

For prints:
Contact Merton Heritage Service. Tel.020 8545 3239 Email:

Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​20_​3-18
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Ravensbury Park is on the site of Ravensbury Manor which dates back to the 13th century.

In the 17th and 18th centuries the park was part of an important industrial area with Ravensbury Mill located on the river at the western end of the current park and a calico factory to the north, just outside the current park boundary.

When the estate was eventually broken up for housing, the Councils of Mitcham, Morden and Merton jointly purchased the remaining grounds of the Manor House in 1929 to set aside as a public park. The park was formally opened on 10 May 1930.

Related items


* Required field