Memorial, Wandle Park, Colliers Wood
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1909|
|Notes / History||Wandle Park opened on 11 July 1907.
A 3-sided stone drinking fountain at the southern end of the park commemorates the opening and has a plaque with inscriptions on three sides, one of which is as follows: 'This garden is given for the enjoyment of the people of Wimbledon and Merton in memory of John Feeney of Birmingham and Berkswell, one who loved nature and his fellow men'.
It is now surrounded by a broken circle of planting, part of re-landscaping works within the park by Merton Groundwork Trust in recent years.