Commonside East at the corner of Galpins Road
Buy a print
|Date Photo Taken||2nd September 1928|
|Copyright 1||J.H. Butcher|
|Notes / History||Mitcham Common is ancient common land that once extended much further and adjoined Croydon Common, Beddington farmlands and Waddon.
Also included were the various greens in and around Mitcham.
It was divided between four manors and was used for agriculture and grazing which kept the land open with low growing shrubs, grass and heathland.