Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1950|
|Notes / History||Figges Marsh is a remnant of Mitcham Commonland and retains the name of William Figge, who in the 14th century held lands from the King.
Mitcham Commonland was vested in the Board of Mitcham Conservators in 1891 and was taken over by Mitcham UDC in 1923.
Figges Marsh is an open triangular piece of land with trees either side of the path that runs alongside London Road and during World War II it was dug for allotments.