Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1949|
|Notes / History||Ravensbury Park is on the site of the old Ravensbury Manor which dates back to the 13th century.
The estate was finally broken up and developed for housing in the early 20th century. In 1929, the Councils of Mitcham, Merton and Morden purchased the remaining grounds to safeguard it for public recreation, and it opened as Ravensbury Park on 10th May 1930.
Some of the trees within the park date back 200 years, with some exotic trees planted by previous owners that include ginko and swamp cypress. The park suffered in various storms over the years, particularly in October 1987, when a number of large plane trees were lost.