Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1930|
|Copyright 1||Mitcham Library|
|Notes / History||Ravensbury Park is on the site of the old Ravensbury Manor which dates back to the 13th century.
In the 17th and 18th centuries the park was part of an important industrial area with Ravensbury Mill and a calico printworks.
Ravensbury Manor House, an 18th century mansion with “pleasure grounds and plantations of great extent”, stood on the northern bank of the river immediately south of the present park maintenance depot. Some remnants of the house can still be seen amongst dense young woodland and ivy.