Battersea Cemetery, Lower Morden Lane, Morden.
Buy a print
|Notes / History||Just prior to the Second World War, the councils for Merton and Carshalton reached an agreement with Battersea Borough Council, enabling them to make use of surplus land associated with the Battersea cemetery on Lower Morden Lane (large cemeteries and burial grounds traditionally lay outside the heart of London, due to health considerations and land shortage).
Landscaping and reconstruction took place. The new cemetery plot opened for burials in 1940, however it was not until 1955 that the Chapel of Rest was completed.