St Lawrence's Church, London Road, Morden

St Lawrence's Church, London Road, Morden

Buy a print

Area Morden
Picture Reference MerMor_​Churches_​5-11
Original Format Sketch
Notes / History A church has been here since the eleventh century. The original building would probably been constructed of wood. Parts of it were incorporated into the present building when it was constructed in 1636. It is now a grade 1listed building.
A vestry was added in 1805 to the north wall. At the time, builders feared they might damage the foundations of the church by making the door there, but the foundations proved to be eight feet in thickness.

Related items

Comments

* Required field