Wimbledon Fire Station

Wimbledon Fire Station

Buy a print

Area Wimbledon
Picture Reference Wim_​35_​2-9
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Originally the Fire Station for Wimbledon was in the Village, near the Dog and Fox public house, but in 1904 it was moved to a building in Queens Road, previously the Council’s upper store yard. The council meetings for 1903 and 1904 show agreed expenditure of £135 16s for fireproof flooring and allowance to be made to purchase 300 feet of canvas hose. A portable telephone for the use of the Fire Brigade was also to be obtained from the GPO.

Related items

Comments

* Required field