Wilson Hospital, Cranmer Road, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Copyright 1||Thomas Francis|
|Notes / History||Wilson Cottage Hospital, was opened in 1928 with donations made by the building developer Sir Isaac Wilson.
In earlier years it was unwise to fall seriously ill in Mitcham as this resulted in being pulled across the Common to Croydon on a wheeled stretcher.
The Princess Royal, Princess Mary carried out the opening ceremony.