Wilson Hospital, Mitcham, Children's Ward
Buy a copy
|Copyright 1||Frederick Wells|
|Notes / History||Wilson Cottage Hospital, was opened in 1928 with donations made by the building developer Sir Isaac Wilson.
It had a ten bed ward for men; a similar ward for women; six beds for children and four single rooms for private patients.
The ground floor held an operating theatre; a sterilising room; dispensary; X-Ray and Violet Ray rooms and Casualty and Emergency wards. During the post war era the hospital developed a reputation for the treatment of bone injuries.