Hospital for Infectious Diseases, Gap Road, Wimbledon
Buy a print
|Copyright 1||PRINTED BY - Les Kirkin. T:0819491873 for Merton Library Service , T:0815454040. NEG No: 2281|
|Notes / History||Opened in 1901, at a cost of £23,000, this building was intended to replace the Durnsford Road Fever Hospital. Both institutions were created at the behest of Wimbledon's first Medical Officer of Health, Dr Evelyn Pocklington.
Also known as the Isolation Hospital, this building was demolished in the mid-1950s and the site is now occupied by Moffat Court, a group of flats.