Morden Hall Park: View of the River Wandle below the Snuff Mill
Buy a print
|Date Photo Taken||1st April 1913|
|Copyright 1||J.M. Hobson|
|Photographer / Origin of Photo||J.M. Hobson|
|Notes / History||There were two mills on the Morden Hall Estate producing snuff, each with its own watermill.
These were in use until 1922 when they were closed by the owner, Gilliat Hatfeild, following a strike.
Several buildings, including the snuff mills which generated income for the estate's owners in the past, still survive.