Wandle at Ravensbury Manor
Buy a print
|Date Photo Taken||20th June 1929|
|Copyright 1||H M Paul|
|Notes / History||This section of the river is probably in Ravensbury Park which lies between Morden Road and Bishopsford Road. Ravensbury Manor was once part of a 326 acre estate, of which all but 99 acres were in Mitcham.
When the estate was sold in 1855 it was broken up into 3 smaller lots. In 1929 16.5 acres of land on the northern side of the Wandle were purchased by the local council and formally opened as Ravensbury Park the following year.