Buy a print
|Date Photo Taken||17th August 1929|
|Copyright 1||R. Stevenson|
|Notes / History||This photograph, taken in 1929, has a hand-written label attached. It reads ‘this is the part of the Watermeads to the West of the main road from Mitcham to Sutton’. If this is correct then this would be the area below Mitcham Bridge which is not technically part of the Watermeads.
It could possibly be the area on the south bank of the river called ‘Happy Valley’ which was once part of the extensive Mitcham Grove Estate owned by the banker Henry Hoare in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth century.