Wandle; View from Ravensbury Manor
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c1930|
|Notes / History||This photo was probably taken from the site of the first Ravensbury Manor. The manor was for many years the seat of the owners of the Ravensbury Estate.
The property was last occupied in the mid nineteenth century and largely demolished in 1882. It was situated on the northern bank of the river inside what is now Ravensbury Park.
Standing on the river bank, looking left, the photographer would have seen the river view upstream towards Mitcham Bridge. Beyond the bridge, as indicated by the title, is the National Trust wetland called Watermeads.