Wandle Park, Colliers Wood
Buy a copy
|Notes / History||Wandle Park lies alongside the River Wandle, an area rich in industrial history.
It was once the site of Wandlebank House, owned from 1791-1821 by James Perry who owned Merton Corn Mill. Corn Milling had been an important industry on the Wandle from medieval times.
Wandlebank House and grounds, together with Wandle Park Mill are now vested in the National Trust.
Wandle Park opened on 11 July 1907.